- Patients Information
While most cysts of the ovary do not need surgery , some larger cysts or suspicious tumours require removal. It can be done either laparoscopically or by open surgery. Ovarian cyst removal in Bhopal is a surgery conducted to remove a cyst or a number of cysts from one or both of the ovaries. This surgery involves usage of small incisions and specialized tools. This surgery is preferred over open surgery because it offers faster recovery.
When do you need to go for ovarian cystectomy?
Dr. Deepti Gupta tells that some of the factors that require the surgery to be conducted:
- The person is suspected of being cancerous
- The ovaries are more than 2.5 inches in diameter
- The ovaries are solid rather than containing fluid
- The dominant area is causing much pain
The complications involved in the surgery are rare but no surgery is completely free of risk. If you have been recently diagnosed with ovarian cyst, then your doctor will preview you a list of possible complications, which includes:
- Returning of the cysts after it has been removed
- Need for the removal of one or both the ovaries
- Clotting of blood
- Possible damage to the other organs
How ovarian cystectomy in Bhopal is conducted?
- Firstly, the doctor puts a small incision just below the navel and slowly a laparoscopic will be inserted. The laparoscopic is a thin tube which has a camera on the end.
- So as to get the doctor a better view of the organs, carbon dioxide gas will be pumped into the abdomen and this will help in locating the cyst.
- When the laparoscope locate the cyst, one or two incisions will be made and the surgical instruments with then be inserted to remove the cyst.
- Now, the tissue is firstly removed for the testing part. In the testing, if cancer is found, then both of the ovaries may need to be removed.
- After the cyst is being removed, the laparoscopic case removed out and the incision area would be closed with stitches.